2019-2020 School Year Pre-Participation Physical, KSHSAA Concussion Form, Concussion Video, and Activity Fee Reminder
2019-2020 School Year Pre-Participation Physical, KSHSAA Concussion Form, Concussion Video, and Activity Fee Reminder:
If you have an SFTHS student-athlete that is planning on participating in a winter sport, please remember that the following requirements must be met before the first practice on Monday, November 18th:
- A Pre-Participation Physical Form must be on file that clears the student for activities. The newest form, revised January of 2015, must be used this year. There are copies of the Pre-Participation Physical Form available at Santa Fe Trail High School. In addition, the form is on the KSHSAA website at http://www.kshsaa.org/Public/PDF/FORM-PPE.pdf. The new physical form requires the student and parent/guardian signature in two different places now.
- The state required KSHSAA Concussion Form can also be obtained at the SFTHS office or accessed at http://www.kshsaa.org/Publ…/…/KSHSAAConcussionGuidelines.pdf. This form requires the student and parent/guardian signature as well.
- For grades 9th – 12th, the Santa Fe Trail School District requires a $50 Activity Fee for the 2019-2020 school year. This year’s fee and any previous year’s Activity Fee balances will be due if your student plans to participate in winter sports and can be paid to the high school office. In order for your student to be able to participate in SFTHS sponsored activities, the SFT Activity Fee has to be paid and current prior to the first practice.
Again, winter sports practices begin on Monday, November 18th and there will be a high school parent meeting for winter sports on Tuesday, November 12th @ 7:00 pm at the high school.
Beginning with the 2019-2020 school year for SFTHS Home Varsity Non-League Games, we will be charging $5 for adults and $3 for students.
For all Home Varsity Pioneer League Games, we will be charging $4 for adults and $3 for students.
Sub-Varsity Non-League Games will remain $3 for adults and $2 for students.
Reminder that we offer an Activity Pass for Adults for $50 and $25 for K-6th grade students.
If you would like to purchase a pass, please do so at the High School Office.
2 Week Activity List
Week of 10/14/19:
- No School / Professional Development
- Girls Regional Golf at Jeff West. Tee-off at 8:30 am. (Red Van)
- JV Football at Wellsville. Depart at 3:00 pm. (BUS)
- Volleyball at Osawatomie. Dismiss at 2:15 pm, depart at 2:30 pm. (BUS)
- Yearbook, White Van all day.
- HS Cross Country Practice at CAC. Depart at 3:40 pm. (BUS)
- Art Open Studio 3:40pm - 5:00pm
Wednesday: CHARGER DAY
- Seniors Field Trip to KC. Depart at 8:05 am, return by 2:45 pm. (2 BUSES)
- Juniors Field Trip. Depart at 8:10 am, return by 2:45 pm. (2 BUSES)
- Pre-ACT for Sophomores and Freshmen in the AM.
- SuperCharged Talent Show at 7:00 pm in the Auditorium.
- NHS to Harvestors in Osage City. Dismiss at 8:15 am, depart at 8:30 am. Return by 2:30 pm. (BUS)
- Pioneer League Cross Country at Anderson County. Dismiss at 1:30 pm, depart at 1:45 pm. (BUS)
- C Football at Wellsville. Dismiss at 2:45 pm, depart at 3:00 pm. (BUS)
- Staff Appreciation Night at the Ball Game!!
- Zombie Walk at 6:00 pm on the Track.
- Senior Night at 6:30 pm.
- Varsity Football vs. Bishop Ward at 7:00 pm.
- Dance Practice in Main Gym, 1:00 – 5:00 pm.
Week of 10/21/19:
- Girls State Golf. TBD. (Red Van)
- JV Football at KC-Ward. Depart at 2:15 pm, depart at 2:30 pm. (BUS) Address is: North 16th and Armstrong Ave. Kansas City, KS
- Red Van use Melanie Wallace all day.
- Varsity Scholars Bowl @ Bonner Springs. Depart at 1:45 pm. (White van)
- Winter Sports Meeting during AP.
- Volleyball at Wellsville. Dismiss at 3:00 pm, depart at 3:15 pm. (BUS)
- Math Competition at ESU. (Both vans if we go)
- Fields of Faith, 6:00 – 8:00 pm at Football Field.
- FBLA Dodgeball Tournament in Dome Gym at 7:00 pm.
- Varsity Football at Jefferson West. Depart at 4:15 pm. (2 BUSES) Address is: S. Palmberg and E. Wyandotte, Meriden.
- Debate at Rock Creek. (White van)
- Sub-State Volleyball at Perry-Lecompton. Departure time TBD. (BUS)
- Regional Cross Country at Rim Rock Farms. Departure time TBD. (BUS)