2020-2021 City Stop/Pre-School Routes
Town bus stops allow students residing in the city limits to board a bus in their neighborhood and ride to the nearest attendance center where they can catch a shuttle to their attendance center. To reduce the number of riders on each bus and to run the bus routes in a swift and efficient manner, the USD 434 Transportation Department will have one town stop plus the attendance center stop in Overbrook, Carbondale, and Scranton. We are requiring students who live within the city limits to:
- Walk to or be dropped off at their local attendance center where they will catch a shuttle to their attending attendance center.
- Be dropped off at their attending attendance center.
- Go to the one city stop in their town to catch the bus.
The city stops will be:
- Scranton: 4th and Evergreen St.
- Carbondale: City Park, (Kansas Ave. and North St.)
- Overbrook: The old school (Ash and Market St.)
To eliminate lost classroom time, help consolidate bus routes, and to prepare for possible limitations due to COVID, the Transportation Department is implementing these changes/standards for the 2020-2021 school year:
Require licenses from daycares and will only pickup and drop-off at licensed daycares.
Continue to provide door-to-door transportation for students with special transportation written into their IEP.
Transportation will not be provided at out of district addresses.
Pre-School routes will drop off and pick up at home unless in the city limits. Children in the city limits will be picked up and dropped off at CAC, OAC, and SAC.
Encourage parents to drop off and pick up their student(s) at SAC/OAC/CAC and utilize the preschool shuttles.
Parents are able to drop off their students at SAC/OAC/CAC at 7:20am.