Driver's Ed Info
Regan Erickson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SANTA FE TRAIL DRIVER EDUCATION 2023
Dates and enrollment information will be posted in mid March 2023. The fee will increase. The new fee will be between $200 and $250.00.
MANDATORY ENROLLMENT MEETING:
Students must pass eye screening (20/40 in either eye, provided by the school, if not passed must see a licensed practitioner).
Online Driver’s Education Curriculum
Santa Fe Trail High School
For the online Driver’s Education class we will be using the Drive Right: You are the Driver, 10th ed. textbook, which will be provided. To successfully complete the online curriculum for Driver’s Education you must complete the following with no less than 80% mastery:
- 1 – Handbook Test
- Standard Test given by Kansas DMV over driving handbook (supervised by instructor)
- 18 Chapters Exams from Drive Right book
- Each Chapter Exam contains 25 questions (students complete on google classroom, at their own pace)
- 1 – Cumulative Final Exam (supervised by instructor)
- 25 questions covering all chapters
Students will be assigned a driving instructor. That instructor will inform you of your driving times. It is your responsibility to inform the instructor of times you are not available to drive. Missed drive times could delay or keep you from passing the course. Most of the driving will take place after school is out and the month of June. In order to pass the driving portion of the class a student must:
- Students will be required to pass driving based competences:
- driving fundamentals
- urban driving
- highway driving
- rural driving
- Be on time to driving dates.
- Have mature behavior in the car.